Many families have owned the chateau de Beauregard over the centuries. The oldest known squire is Gaucher d’Aloigny in 1443. The property was then passed by marriage to the THAIX family (between 1475 and 1535) and the Brossin family (between 1535 and the middle of the 17th century). During this period, it seems to have been shared between several families because Marie Aubin, widow of Rufin Serpin and Michel Huan were both mentioned as squires of Beauregard at the beginning of the 17th century and Michel Galland, who died on the 29th November 1650 (his gravestone is still on view in the church), was squire of La Benardiere, La Cote and of Beauregard during this period. The chateau then belonged to the Mareschau de la Chauviniere family who restored the property during the first half of the 18th century and sold it to the Saussaye family in 1800. The main avenue was created in 1825. In 1852 Mme Gillet, the new owner, undertook the reconstruction of the chateau under the direction of ‘Mario’, an architect in Tours. This project was only partially realised; the outhouses and the north wing of the chateau were constructed between 1852 and 1855. In 1870, Henri Mirault added the circular South tower (bearing his initials HM and the date) and the orangerie in 1893. The towers visible on the old postcards were removed at the beginning of the millennium.